Also known as "Thieves", the recipe for this blend is believed to have originated during the 15th century. As the story goes the recipe was created by a group of thieves and grave robbers to protect themselves from contracting the plague while robbing the bodies of the sick and dying. It is said that the thieves disclosed the recipe in order to get a lesser punishment when they were caught. The story may be true or it may not, but the essential oils in this blend may help maintain health during seasons of vulnerability and are commonly used to cleanse and purify the air.
Ingredients: Pure rosemary, clove leaf, eucalyptus, lemon and cinnamon bark essential oils.
10 mL glass eurodropper bottle
Applications This essential oil blend is very strong and must be diluted! The essential oil content should only account for 1 to 2% of the total formula. This means that up to 6-12 drops of essential oil can be added per 1 oz of carrier oil.
There are many ways that you can use the blend, here are some of the most common applications:
– To sanitize and purify the air in your home or workplace, place 2-3 drops of the essential oil blend in a diffuser, nebulizer, or in a pot of simmering water on the stove. Diffuse for approximately 20-30 minutes. This is especially beneficial if someone in your home or workplace is sick.
– Make an antibacterial all-purpose spray for cleaning and disinfecting your home or workplace. This is perfect for office spaces and shared areas! Fill a spray bottle with water and add the essential oil blend at a 1-2 % dilution rate. Spray on counter tops, desks, and on other surfaces. Make sure to shake before using as the oil and water will naturally separate.
– Use a 1-2% dilution rate of the essential oil blend in a base of water or alcohol, and spray onto insect bites, poison oak, and poison ivy rashes to help soothe itching and irritation.
– Mix the essential oil blend at a 1-2% dilution rate with grapeseed, jojoba or olive oil. Use as a massage oil for sore muscles, the lower back, neck, and feet. It can also be dabbed on skin throughout the day for general support.
– When congested, mix a 1-2% dilution rate of the essential oil blend with jojoba or olive oil, and rub under the nose or on the chest. Or, place 1-2 drops in a bowl of hot, steaming water and inhale the vapors under a towel to relieve congestion.
Precautions: Essential oils are highly concentrated, strong, and powerful liquids that can be harmful if not used carefully and properly. This is an especially potent blend of essential oils which could cause irritation when applied to the skin, even in diluted amounts. We advocate caution when using them, and do not recommend using essential oils internally. Please keep essential oils out of reach of children. We do not advocate usage of this recipe on babies, toddlers, or children